Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Almost done

The program is almost over. My paper is pretty near finished, all 43 pages plus 20+ pages of transcribed interviews. Only 1.5 spaced by the way. :) All I have to do now is print and bind and give a 20 minute presentation on Saturday! Then on Sunday we leave with the group to do some traveling to Murchison Falls and Jinja.
Caitlin and I confirmed out flight for June 29th. I think we will go back to Rwanda and visit my host family and from there take a bus to Burundi. After that-back to Gulu and we will stay with Caitlin's host family. We are not sure what is going to happen with the soccer idea. We are hoping to sitll meet with the empowerment soccer group from Seattle and try to buy soccer balls for the Gulu High School team. Right now, after being so busy and stressed about the research, I am ready to just play it by ear...so we'll see what happens.


Peace and Love,
Michelle

2 comments:

  1. Way to go! I am so proud of you! Great paper!! Even though it took me 2.5 hours to read! LOL!!! Enjoy the rest of your trip. Fred is working on getting you to Seattle and Caitlin to Colorado with you two riding together as far as you can. LOVE YOU!!! Will call you Saturday afternoon.... MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are almost to the point where you can look in the review mirror and in the distance behind you will be that dang 40 page paper! What an accomplishment. I hear a relaxed voice in your writing, hoping that is true and that things are more settled for you. Good luck on your presentation. You have done so much in such a short time, amazing.
    Off to see Mal next week.
    Much Love to you,
    Deb

    ReplyDelete